Question about Whitewater

1036   1   1
25 posts
Hey guys,

I've filtered my incoming surface volume for the whitewater source to give me a nice leading edge for a beach.

But when I convert the flip particles into surface polygons it also uses different filtering to get a nice polygonal surface.

How would I get the whitewater surface volume to match the rendered polygonal flip surface after its been filtered?

I've been struggling with my white water sim not matching the renderable surface of my flip sim.

The leading edge of the whitewater keeps falling into the rendered mesh and just not lining up properly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
224 posts
I have never had this problem, but,on your particle fluid surface node, you can try switching your output to surface vdb. That way you can see how the mesh will look as a vdb after all the filters are applied. The documentation says:

“Outputs a raw VDB after surfacing and filtering, but without conversion to polygons. This can be useful if you need a fog volume for another operation.”

Then you can compare this surface to the surface from the compressed cache being used for the white water surface. Any operation, like smoothing/eroding, etc, that you do in the particle fluid surface node, just apply that to the surface being used by the white water source until the two surfaces match, that would be my best guess. Then I would use the tools in the white water source node to get your leading edge back.
Edited by evanrudefx - Nov. 4, 2020 12:59:03
Thanks,

Evan
  • Quick Links