Material asset: how to add ouputs?

2173   4   0
1004 posts
Hi!

I'm making a simple digital asset of an arnold shader with all the settings I want to have exposed. I also want to have 2 outputs (the shader and the height map). When I open the Type Properties, and go to Input/Output, the New Output is greyed out. How can I add an ouput?

-Olivier

Attachments:
Houdini_Material_DigitalAsset.JPG (76.6 KB)

575 posts
Hi,
the outputs are defined by the ./suboutputs node inside, plugin a new output, save the assets and eventually the new output will show up in the list
1004 posts
Hi sanostol!

I looked through all the nodes and I can't find a suboutput. I also tried to duplicate it but I get an error. Could it have something to do with Arnold? Maybe Arnold doesn't support digital assets with multiple outputs...

Attachments:
Houdini_Material_DigitalAsset_B_04.JPG (134.1 KB)
Houdini_Material_DigitalAsset_B_05.JPG (36.8 KB)

575 posts
Hi, I have no Arnold at home, will try it at work. not sure if this is a limitation. I tried a simple mantra shader otl,not sure if Arnold has a different behavior here.
Staff
1448 posts
You can add new outputs by wiring something into the "next" (or "more > next") input of the "suboutputA" node.

The subnet can have only one subnet output child, and since there is one already (ie, "suboutputA"), you can't create (nor paste) new ones.
  • Quick Links