Linux and openCL problem

2882   1   1
76 posts
Hi,

I installed linux (Ubuntu 20.10) a while ago (AMD 5950x + 1080ti). Same time I installed Axiom plugin as well and I used it without problem (Axiom is GPU fluid solver but can use openCL CPU as well). Couple of weeks ago I replaced 1080 with 3090 and I used it with Axiom and it worked. Then I installed second 3090 but I never tried Axiom with 2x3090 anymore. Yesterday I updated the latest Axiom solver and Houdini crashed immediately in start, I tried to go back in old version which worked same day, but it crashed now as well. Axiom developer said set env AXIOM_NOCPU = 1 and after it worked again. So, this is openCL problem and it crashes if I force HOUDINI_OCL_DEVICETYPE=CPU. I think Axiom solver compile itself when new version is installed and that’s the reason why it failed yesterday, it was probably broken earlier. I tried 18.5.408-455 and In Windows same setup work and I can force openCL as CPU. Obviously, this is not Houdini problem but Linux driver/kernel/whatever problem. Any trick how to get this work again?

Crash log:
Traceback from 4091 ThreadId=0x7f6cce56acc0
AP_Interface::coreDumpChaser(UTsignalHandlerArg) <libHoudiniUI.so>
AP_Interface::si_CrashHandler::chaser(UTsignalHandlerArg) <libHoudiniUI.so>
signalCallback(UTsignalHandlerArg) <libHoudiniUT.so>
UT_Signal::UT_ComboSignalHandler:perator()(int, siginfo_t*, void*) const <libHoudiniUT.so>
UT_Signal::processSignal(int, siginfo_t*, void*) <libHoudiniUT.so>
__funlockfile <libpthread.so.0>
85 posts
Try to put in your houdini.env :

HOUDINI_USE_HFS_OCL=0
— dedeks 3000 —
  • Quick Links