Houdini 18.5.499 Deadline Sandbox Error

8384   11   6
15 posts
Hi there,

Recently I've upgraded my Houdini version to the latest production build; 18.5.499 but I'm having issues with getting Deadline to work with H18.5 PDG.

Here's the error log:
======================================================= Error ======================================================= Failed to load the plugin because: Could not initialize the plugin sandbox (Deadline.Plugins.PluginException) ======================================================= Type ======================================================= RenderPluginException ======================================================= Stack Trace ======================================================= at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.e(String aji, Job ajj, CancellationToken ajk) at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.b(TaskLogWriter aje, CancellationToken ajf) ======================================================= Log ======================================================= 2021-04-09 16:32:51: 0: Loading Job's Plugin timeout is Disabled

I'm currently running Deadline 10.1.14.5 Release (dc7449244) on my farm. The default submit job via deadline ROP works but it doesn't work with PDG which is weird. Before I upgraded to H18.5, H18.0 PDG works right out of the box and no issue at all.

All the threads I've looked at indicates that firewall or VPN/DNS error but all ports are open and I'm still getting errors on Deadline with PDG.

Hope anyone or support can give some pointers in fixing this issue with PDG & Deadline.

Thank you,
zk
Edited by zinogino - April 9, 2021 05:16:35
122 posts
Don't have a solution, but have the same problem. Not sure what could be causing this, it worked fine in previous versions.
43 posts
Same issue here. Houdini 18.5.532 and Deadline 10.1.15.2.
Have you tried different versions of Houdini?
26 posts
Same problem here. Anyone find a solution to this?
Houdini 18.5.563 - Deadline 10.1.14
15 posts
Seems like it's happening to quite a lot of users.

I've tried e-mailing deadline for technical support but they are quite confident that the issue is coming from Houdini and not deadline so not sure what's going on.

I think the next option is to try and update to the final production build and give it a try.
642 posts
Hi. I have the same issues as all of you. I am trying the daily build every day as well but with no luck. Right now I have no idea how we are going to submit Karma usd files to our farm. ;-(

Best
9 posts
Hey guys, I had the same problem , and after a few hours of research I found the solution:

Your deadline scheduler needs to be like that:

AND

You need to copy the PDGDeadline plugin folder from *HoudiniInstall*/houdini/pdg/plugins/PDGDeadline to *\DeadlineRepository10\plugins

Works like a charm now

Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (19.7 KB)
Capture1.JPG (114.6 KB)

642 posts
Hi. Unfortunately in newer versions of Houdini that does not work. I am on 18.5.596 and still get the same sandbox error like the top post. Best Mark
52 posts
Mikel Zuloaga
Hey guys, I had the same problem...

Thank you for sharing your findings Mikel, we had the same issue as well and we got it to work! @Mark: We got it to work on Linux with Houdini 18.5.596 using the instructions by Mikel above.
642 posts
Hi Ole.

That's good to know. I'll try switching the slash direction within houdini to Linux not windows. That is the only thing thatvi have done differently. Best ps what is your version of deadline?
Edited by Mark Wallman - July 2, 2021 12:42:24
52 posts
Mark Wallman
Hi Ole.

That's good to know. I'll try switching the slash direction within houdini to Linux not windows. That is the only thing thatvi have done differently. Best ps what is your version of deadline?

We are currently on Deadline 10.1.15.2
642 posts
Hi all.

OK I uninstalled both Houdini and deadline went for version 10.1.15.2 and rebuilt my entire PDG network. And it works! Thank you all for your help. Best
  • Quick Links