delete certain Objects after RDB

1521   3   0
8 posts
Hi, i did a setup, where particles spawn a RBD simulation.

My question is, what is the best way to delete certain Objects that behave strangely.
I thought it should be quite simple, make a primitive group, select and delete, but it does not seem to work.

Another question would be when there´s some jittering with objects that should rest, any tips?

i attached a simplified setup.
thank you

Attachments:
part_rdb_01.hiplc (378.1 KB)

86 posts
I checked your scene. To delete certain objects you can always select them with hand and just hit delete. Or what I actually prefer is to delete them based on velocity since your scene had some super fast flying little spheres. So something like if velocity is bigger than a certain number then delete it.

Smaller RBD objects tend to jitter sometimes to overcome that you can make them have box geometry representation instead of convex hull which does not work great for the torus in your scene. Or increase the thresholds for sleeping so they'll come to a rest state easier.

Attachments:
Sleeping SS.jpg (103.8 KB)

8 posts
Hi,

yeah, that helped quite a bit, thanks for your helpful comment!

I´m still wondering why doing a primitive group and delet it does not work, any ideas?

best wishes
21 posts
Switch your group to points instead of primitives - you're outputting packed objects, so the packed geo you see visible is represented by a single point per object
  • Quick Links