Mixing RBD material fracture nodes.

1029   1   1
29 posts
Hey there,
I need to achieve the following behavior:
A larger piece of geo is fractured using the materialfracture node, constraints will switch to Soft after breaking. To this larger piece a set of arbitrary smaller pieces need to be attached but not be fractured or fractured differently. They should be attached only to the larger piece and not among themselves.
When using multiple materialfracture nodes, using primgroups to work on, no constraints will form in between the larger and smaller pieces and the smaller ones will dislodge themselves after any kind of impact. When using all geo at once in a single materialfracture it works with the attaching,but Ido not want the smaller pieces fractures and also use different Glue strength for them.
Any idea how to go about it while staying in SOPs with the materialfracture nodes? (Screenshots show just a simple test setup, the actual file is a lot more complex)
Thanks!
Ben

Attachments:
matfrac_01.JPG (340.5 KB)
matfrac_02.JPG (347.8 KB)
matfrac_03.JPG (321.4 KB)

86 posts
It feels like you are missing different name attributes for the different pieces. I can't see the upper parts of the chain but if you put assemble SOPs to both the big piece and the smaller ones and give them different names (Output Prefix option inside the Assemble) then your constraints will work accordingly in my opinion.

Maybe if you can upload the simple setup scene file, I can be of more help.
  • Quick Links