Agent Vellum Unpack and Agent Definition Caches

845   1   1
14 posts
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if its possible to use Agent Definition Caches with Agent Vellum Unpack (AVU)?

The AVU doesn't seem see the clips (ie-rest clip) when coming through the crowdsource node when driving my crowd with caches vs clips. One would assume that since both the agent definition cache and agent vellum unpack are both designed to be used with agents and crowds, that they should work together. Am I wrong to assume this?

I'm trying to avoid using agent_clip nodes, they seem to be super slow in 18.5....constantly trying to bake taking at least 5 minutes per agent, anytime I attempt to even glance at that node. Its very strange behaviour.

Thoughts? Suggestions? HELP

Thanks!
Staff
727 posts
I would assume that if Agent Vellum Unpack doesn't see the agent having any clips, then the same would be true for any other crowd nodes... Have you inspected the 'agentclipcatalog' primitive intrinsic for the agent to see what clips it has in the agent definition?

I'd also suggest filing a bug with support if you have an example file where the Agent Clip SOP is slower that you would expect.
  • Quick Links