SOP Importing indexed string attributes

2241   2   3
46 posts
Is there a way to tell sop import to index any string attributes dynamically? They're indexed in Houdini, but they're deindexed when it comes into LOPs unless I specifically set those attributes to be indexed. In general, I just want any string attribute to be indexed. I could write a little python script to report all the string attributes here, but I'm looking for something built in, since this seems like it would be what should be a pretty standard behavior.

Thanks,
Ben
Edited by ben.andersen - June 10, 2021 01:00:04
120 posts
In SOP Import LOP under Import Data settings, there is Indexed Attributes parameter. Seems to be working as expected.
Michal Tas Maciejewski @ www.vfxtricks.com
7770 posts
ben.andersen
Is there a way to tell sop import to index any string attributes dynamically? They're indexed in Houdini, but they're deindexed when it comes into LOPs unless I specifically set those attributes to be indexed. In general, I just want any string attribute to be indexed. I could write a little python script to report all the string attributes here, but I'm looking for something built in, since this seems like it would be what should be a pretty standard behavior.

Thanks,
Ben

Sounds like a good RFE. I.E. a toggle on the SOP Import LOP to force all string attributes to be indexed when enabled.
  • Quick Links