Rendering with Pyro Bake Volume (using pyro burst set up)

1137   1   1
11 posts
Hello sidefx,

I have been using the new 18.5 pyroburstsource and pyrobakevolume combo (awesome tool btw), on a production shot. Everything has been working well and it has made it a lot faster to turn around large clusters of explosions with trails etc. The only issue I am having is that I cannot figure out use packed disk primitives when sending to the farm. In the old pyro I would just do my post sim tweaks after the dopimport and then cache after that. The then I would set the cache to packed disk prims and all would be good.

For H18.5 pyro I am caching after the pyrobakevolume, but when I submit to the farm it only renders the density, even though I can see that I have temperature, flame, trail-temperature, scatter, and density all present.

If I render unpacked, it does render correctly but for some reason (licensing?) it takes eons. I am getting down to the wire and need to have a way to render these layers faster with the normal packed prim work flow. Any thoughts?
238 posts
Unpacked just means that it is no longer delayed load, so it's burying all the data into the IFD per frame, instead of simply
referring to it's cache location on disk. What is could be, is that the new pyro bake is assigning the material on the SOP, which
means it is not an object level render material assignment. The default Mantra operation is to only include referenced shaders,
which can sometimes miss shaders assigned prior to things being packed/delayed load.

Try flicking the "Declare Materials" over to "save all materials" and see if that solves it for you. Th only other thing it could
be is a weird bug, as the scattering field is used in the new pyro shader to drive the look, but I've never seen a field not be
available simply because it was set to packed disk.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (64.9 KB)

I'm not lying, I'm writing fiction with my mouth.
  • Quick Links