Procedurally cull misbehaving vellum grains post-sim?

727   0   1
100 posts
I'm using a vellum grains setup to serve as a softbody sim for a fractured object (glued islands with separate, breakable glue for the seams, will point-deform source geo in a for-loop). Because the source geo is fractured, tet softbodies won't work, so I'm going the grains route. By and large it's working nicely, except that there are a few rogue grains that will fly off during the sim and I'm afraid that will screw up my point deform. It's not huge spacewise, so manually picking and blasting them after the sim but before the point deform wouldn't be difficult (and at this point probably more efficient, actually) but I'd rather do this procedurally since this setup is made to be reusable. Is there a way I can identify and blast out the misbehaving grains procedurally (presumably with the sim time-shifted to the last frame)? I presume doing a nearpoints-type-thing would eat into the edges or smaller islands, but I could be wrong. (And since they're more often in little clusters of two or three, just finding completely isolated points won't work.)

Thanks for any help!

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (265.3 KB)

• Quick Links