Animating camera selection on render settings LOP

1245   2   1
165 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a multi camera shot workflow. I'm trying to change the selected camera on the render settings lop over time. Currently I'm just key framing the parameter(Future plan is to have a more complex parameter expression). This works in the solaris viewport, and I can select the 'Render Settings Camera', then scrub the timeline and the camera switches correctly.

When I try and write this to a USD file using the USD ROP, with the frame range set correctly. I find that no time samples have been written to the USD file for the camera parameter.

Am I missing something or is this not supported in USD or not exposed inside solaris?

Thanks,
David.
7810 posts
daviddeacon
Am I missing something or is this not supported in USD or not exposed inside solaris?

no, relationships cannot animate--e.g. shader assignments or camera selections

A multi-shot workflow does not mean rendering multiple cameras as one continues shot. It just means changing shots doesn't require different scene files. Under multi-shot, each camera would render to its own image sequence. The sequences go into the edit as different shots.
165 posts
Thanks, I had a feeling that this might be the case. I will probably just manage this at submission to deadline time with two or more jobs, using husks camera override. We have a custom submitter so shouldn't be too hard to extend.

It's not a true multi shot workflow, more of a multi camera workflow. Usually used for shots where the camera cuts in, so doesn't effect lighting etc. We manage the cuts over in the camera sequencer in Maya, and I don't want to render the whole frame range for both cameras.

David
  • Quick Links