How can I control the Color and Alpha in a Pyro sim?

2071   3   0
407 posts
Hello guys,

How can I control the Color and the Alpha of a pyro sim, using some attributes like Cd and Alpha?
I mean I would like to use those attributes to change some parts of the pyro sim look.
I will render this in Redshift...

Thanks for helping.
Masoud Saadatmand (MSDVFX)
407 posts
Here is my test scene and so far, I tried this:

1) I created a (vector point) attribute called "absorption".

2) I added this attribute's name to the "Volume Rasterize Attribute", attributes list, to create a volume called "absorption"

3) In the "volume source" node of my pyro DOP, I added "absorption" as the source and target field (as vector type).

4) I add a "VDB vector merge" node before my pyro material node.

5) In the RS Volume material, I add "absorption name into the color channel.

But it doesn't work..! How can I fix it?

Attachments:
Absorption_01.hip (783.2 KB)
Smoke_Object.jpg (224.9 KB)

407 posts
Any idea?
118 posts
@Masoud
if you make min and max values ..try to play with this and change(tweak) some Fields in vex ..just play with setup and read
HELP
When this option is enabled, Cd and Alpha fields will be added to the smoke object, containing the smoke color and color amount, respectively. If the Pyro Solver detects the presence of these fields, it will ensure to evolve them as the simulation advances.

Note

Use Cd as the Diffuse Field in Multi Field visualization to display the smoke with its colors.

Attachments:
pyro_color_01.hiplc (790.0 KB)

Conservation of Momentum
  • Quick Links