Spray paint brush size

1040   4   0
17 posts
I can't find any docs on changing the spray paint brush size. It doesn't follow the standard Houdini brush commands as far as I can tell. It seems to be a 3D spherical brush. All my actual airbrushes have interchangeable nozzles for different scales. Am I missing something? Are there docs?
17 posts
I accidentally used my mouse scroll wheel which changes the brush size.
The basic docs are misleading or incorrect

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-05-09 102308.png (79.8 KB)

7815 posts
Geoff Marshall
I accidentally used my mouse scroll wheel which changes the brush size.
The basic docs are misleading or incorrect

The spray paint tool isn't a brush tool. It's a stroke based node. Its documentation is under nodes/sop/spraypaint which doesn't mention any keyboard shortcuts and only mentions using the parameter dialog to make changes.

The documentation in that screenshot is for the legacy brush tools, which is pretty much just the sculpt tool at this point. I wouldn't take that documentation as representative of any of the other tools.
17 posts
Thanks, I suspected that would be the case. The docs could include this deliniation between spray and other brushes.It also could include an indication of method for resizing the tool scale. The parameter dialog does not have a slider for tool size, just for adjusting the sprayed point attributes.
7815 posts
Geoff Marshall
The parameter dialog does not have a slider for tool size, just for adjusting the sprayed point attributes.

It's there, it's just buried out of the way on some random tab.
  • Quick Links