How do you merge this?!

1520   3   0
85 posts
I am new to Solaris

I am trying to merge this Sop Create with two different transform X positions and I can't get this simple setup to work!

I am having more complex setup and the Transform LOP is affecting the other Sop Creates I have at the Stage.
It always get overwritten by the new transform I am setting up.

How do you solve this?

Edited by jomaro - May 10, 2022 21:19:14
1743 posts
My dumb take is 'if names match, second overrides first'.

Harking back to the usual different-departments-magically-working-together example, transform16 is where the modelling department put the box. Along come the layout department, they create transform17 and move it somewhere else. The merge node combines all the departments, because layout is after modelling, it 'wins' and you just see that transform.

If you want this to behave like sops, then you have to ensure the second box doesn't have the same name in the scene graph tree. Lots of different ways to do that:

-duplicate lop first to get 2 boxes with unique names, then transform just the second box
-rename the box in a second stream using a stage manager before the merge
-reference the second box so that it gets moved to a new name 'procedurally'

Etc. as long as its not called '/box1', you'll get 2 boxes at the merge node.
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
85 posts
mestela
My dumb take is 'if names match, second overrides first'.

Harking back to the usual different-departments-magically-working-together example, transform16 is where the modelling department put the box. Along come the layout department, they create transform17 and move it somewhere else. The merge node combines all the departments, because layout is after modelling, it 'wins' and you just see that transform.

If you want this to behave like sops, then you have to ensure the second box doesn't have the same name in the scene graph tree. Lots of different ways to do that:

-duplicate lop first to get 2 boxes with unique names, then transform just the second box
-rename the box in a second stream using a stage manager before the merge
-reference the second box so that it gets moved to a new name 'procedurally'

Etc. as long as its not called '/box1', you'll get 2 boxes at the merge node.

Understood. Many thanks
22 posts
Mestela , as usual, simple , crystal clear explanations! Cheers!
  • Quick Links