IK solver trouble

1244   5   1
96 posts
Hi,

I try to bend my head around the kinefx ik solvers. I'd be glad if the "ik chains" would solve more than a regular leg or arm, since I have more than just an elbow joint. But it doesn't. So there's either the "solve ik" in the rig vop left and the "fb ik".

Unfortunately the solve ik doesn't seem to respect my initial transforms and comes up with something which looks like a curve solver. Up vector present.

While the fb ik behaves like I would expect the ik solvers to behave in general, the up vector is missing.

Bit unpleasant situation.

Put the three possibilities into the attached file.

Is there anybody who found an solution for this problem? How can I tweak the "solve ik" that it respects the neutral joint positions/rotations and is there a way to have an up vector for "fb ik"?

Cheers
Tom

P.S.: As soon as I select a kinefx node, in 25%-50% of all cases I run into python callback errors. They simply don't go away.

Attachments:
ik samples.hiplc (380.8 KB)

96 posts
P.S.: The "solve ik" seems to come up with totally strange joint orientations after solving, while "fb ik" doesn't seems to respect the joint orientation for its solve. In my case the legs, though in a perfect plane with correctly set transforms, end up with several twists, so it's not in a plane anymore.
96 posts
Nobody? I can't get anything useful out the FBIK nor out of the solveik inside the rig vop to solve a multi joint ik chain. Is it impossible or do I need to use some node before the solver to achieve this simple task?
1747 posts
I'm likely misunderstanding your needs, but why can't use use the middle joint as a target for fbik? It gives polevector(ish) control, fairly stable.

Attachments:
2022-05-14_00-08-38.mp4 (3.0 MB)

http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
96 posts
Hi, Matt!

Thanks for your idea. Guess the problem is that fbik tries to reach it as a target, which keeps the chain from reaching the goal.

In the end I try to solve a spider leg with 4-5 joints. Unfortunately the regular ik chain solver can't deal with this amount of joints.

Hope the solveik vop solver would work, but it instantly changes the chain, though the goal, up and tip targets are in the same place as the corresponding joints in the chain. So it instantly looks like a curve.

Any idea? I would be fine wit the solver inside of the vop, if it worked. : )

Cheers
Tom
96 posts
Logged as a bug.
  • Quick Links