(SOLVED) CROWD - How does Clip Name Alias on Clip Properties Work?

1085   4   2
34 posts
Hello,

I'm trying to utilize the clip alias option from the clip properties node in a Crowd Simulation but there's not really any documentations on how to actually have the DOP network pick up the alternate. I thought maybe attaching a s@clipname or s@clipnames would work but no cigar.
Edited by JohnDoe777 - May 17, 2022 17:36:44
Staff
733 posts
On the Crowd Object DOP you need to specify the path to the clip properties geometry, but after that it should work just like a normal clip (e.g. you can use it as the clip name on a crowd state)
34 posts
Oh i'm an idiot I was picking up the wrong location for the clip properties. That sorts it if I was to set the clip name to the alias in the Crowd State node. But is there a way to set that outside the DOP network, i'm setting my clips before they go into the network and I'd want to set the alias up alongside that.
Staff
733 posts
I think if the clip assignment on a crowd state DOP is disabled, it'll use whatever the agent's current assigned clip is (i.e. from the agentclipnames intrinsic, which would be the underlying clip and not the alias). So it would likely require more indirect methods like overriding the clipnames attribute afterward
34 posts
Yeah I decided to dive into the crowd state node and add this little bit of VEX under the area where it sets the clipname variable in the "initital_points_attribs" node and it seems to have done the trick.
// Assign clip alias
    if(haspointattrib(0, "clipname_alias")){
        string clipname_alias = point(0, "clipname_alias", @primnum);
        if(clipname_alias != ""){
            clipname = clipname_alias;
        }
    }

Thanks for the help
  • Quick Links