Why exportCHOP .. Needs Export Flat On?

4914   5   1
509 posts
…. I dont get this… exports flag.. is one of the flags I find not confortable to manage in CHOP … specially… when I have (and love to use) exportCHOP

.. BUT .. why then i HAVE to export the chop node anyway … since exportCHOP is ment to … export channels itself?

makes not much sense to me.

also .. why merging different properly named channels togheter… doenst make export be aware of such channel when exporting?.. let me explain better.

three channels (es: offset).. merged togheter… then exportCHOP…
if I dont explicity define which channels (I have to write again offset) i want to export.. and where in the SOP path (and again.. I have to write offset there) .. it just mess things.. mergeCHOP just export channels based on the order they are merged.. and not based on channel names.

I hope I've not been too much confusing
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
31 posts
Not really a direct answer to your question but I thought it might help:

I try too avoid using the export chop and use the chop() expression instead. I've seen people have issues with the export flag/chop that are usually resolved by using the chop expression.

L
4262 posts
One benefit of the chop() expression is that you can always use chrefit at some point of convert the expression into cubic() keyframes.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
there however one of the invonvinient things about about the chop expression is having to actually reference the channel name directly. Since the channel name could change with things like switching and deleting I always need to put a rename in-front of whatever null I'm going to read the chop() from.

It would be nice to be able to specify channel number as opposed to name, which would make it much easier to use I would think with copy-stamping and things like crowd animation.

maybe I'm not considering something though
4262 posts
It would be nice to be able to specify channel number as opposed to name, which would make it much easier to use I would think with copy-stamping and things like crowd animation.

If the channel names keep changing but the order stays the same then use the second input of the Rename CHOP. Take a Constant CHOP, create channels with the correct names to use a reference and plop it into the second input of the Rename CHOP.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
537 posts
ah thanks thats good to know
  • Quick Links