Creating vector with attributes ? Help needed logical problm

633   1   0
2 posts
Hi everyone,

so i want to create a vector attribute that has xyz where xz are static floats and y is the actual y position.

I would have thought putting it as such :

v@centerpos = (0, @P.y, 0)

but when I do so all it does is full the xyz with the z value in the geometry spreadsheet and I cant figure out why NOR how to solve it... anyone can tell me what I'm missing ?

ie : if i put (0, @P.y, 1) i get : 1 everywhere and if i put (0.0.@P.y) i get P.y on all three fields (xyz).
7809 posts
Lucasdooka
Hi everyone,

so i want to create a vector attribute that has xyz where xz are static floats and y is the actual y position.

I would have thought putting it as such :

v@centerpos = (0, @P.y, 0)

but when I do so all it does is full the xyz with the z value in the geometry spreadsheet and I cant figure out why NOR how to solve it... anyone can tell me what I'm missing ?

ie : if i put (0, @P.y, 1) i get : 1 everywhere and if i put (0.0.@P.y) i get P.y on all three fields (xyz).

I'm not sure how you're not getting a syntax error. () is for grouping arithmetic operations or for function calls.

To create a vector from variable arguments, the set() function is needed. call set(a, b, c) to create the vector {a, b, c}
  • Quick Links