flip sim issue

814   2   1
10 posts
Hello everyone. I hope you are doing great.
I'm pretty new to Houdini and have been learning it for some time now. I feel good about the skills I acquired in the last few months and am working on my portfolio to get a job or freelance on this.
my first goal for the portfolio shot is a liquid effect where the liquid will fall from a source on my name and reveal it as a total for my video. it'll be viscous fluid and will stick to the surface of my object. but in some places, the solver is causing some weird issues, it's linking the objects together by creating a bridge-like thing make out of the liquid. I had tried almost everything but due to lack of knowledge,
Image Not Found

I haven't managed to fix this. I'll add a short video to show the issue. please let me know what should I do and if there is any solution to it.
thank you.
Edited by ismayel_alam - Aug. 14, 2022 01:19:47

Attachments:
02.hipnc (833.0 KB)
01.png (245.4 KB)
02.png (500.0 KB)
03.png (492.5 KB)

Ismayel alam
2544 posts
As a new user, get used to rebuilding the same setup over and over. You changed so many default settings on the flipsovler, that there is no quick way to discover what went wrong. The easier way is to drop down a new solver and migrate some of the main settings you want to the new one.

Here is a quick setup where I did that.

Attachments:
flip_solver.gif (553.4 KB)
ap_02.hipnc (841.2 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
10 posts
Thank you. this certainly solves the issue. I didn't know what was wrong so I tried all the parameters. I guess I made the situation worse than it actually was.
Ismayel alam
  • Quick Links