Unable to write to a CSV file once it is loaded into a node

1095   4   1
15 posts
I have a CSV that is generated through Unreal Engine, and Houdini generates points based on the information.

I cannot further edit this once it has been loaded into Houdini or a HDA in UE because it is being used still by a Houdini process.
Are there any methods to break this lock on the file inside H, I can't think of anything at the moment, and creating a copy will just retain ownership of anything referenced in a node.
7802 posts
does it still happen if you close the csv file when you're done reading it, or use a "with" block in python when opening the file?
15 posts
jsmack
does it still happen if you close the csv file when you're done reading it, or use a "with" block in python when opening the file?

How would you close the CSV file - I don't know of a way to do that. It does run partially through Python and a C++ file generates a file dependent on the points in UE, but I know the HDA is 'locking' the file as I've checked in windows and it's being possessed by a Houdini process.
Edited by DavidB - March 10, 2023 04:16:46

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (20.0 KB)

15 posts
I added a toggle switch linked to the table import exposed in UE and it seems to work, but needs to switched manually everytime.

Attachments:
2.JPG (20.2 KB)
3.JPG (16.5 KB)
4.JPG (23.4 KB)

7802 posts
The author of 'table import' needs to fix the code to close the file.

Edit:

I guess that's a sidefx node. Submit a bug.
Edited by jsmack - March 10, 2023 12:09:31
  • Quick Links