Updating H19.0 scenes to H19.5

842   2   0
21 posts
Hello,
I'd like to know what nodes/categories of nodes should be replaced when updating existing 19.0 scenes for 19.5 to ensure I am getting the latest enhancements or versions of existing nodes when switching to work in 19.5.

In addition to replacing nodes that generate compatability errors when 19.0 scenes are opened in 19.5, I am also replacing existing Solaris, Material and TOP nodes based upon comments I've seen in forum threads.

Are there any other SOPs/DOPs/other nodes or node categories that may not generate warnings but which may not necessarily provide the latest available performance unless re-created when opening an existing 19.0 scene in 19.5 for use going forward?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
7803 posts
That's not how it works. Just open the file in 19.5. Nodes that can be replaced without problems are already replaced when they have the same name. Nodes that will break the scene have version numbers in their name--in that case it's not possible to simply swap them out without changes.
21 posts
Thanks for the reply; that is what I had hoped and it would be great if that's how I saw it working.

Unfortunately, it is not, so I'll keep seeking an answer elsewhere. Thanks anyways.
  • Quick Links