Matching one model to another

577   2   2
5 posts
Hey everyone, I have a problem to solve and wonder if anyone has some advice on how to solve it.

I have a human model with no rig and I also have another model with the systems that go inside the human, like nervous, circulatory, etc. The systems are in a tpose and the model is posed the way I want it. I need to get these systems inside of this posed model so that they are scaled to fit the new model and pose.
My first thought was to just spend 4 hours in zbrush pushing things around until things were in place but I would love to use Houdini to save me some time if that is possible.

Some thoughts i had were to use kinfx to make a quick skeleton on each and then match the joints to morph the systems to the body?
Is there some other way using ray or some kind of morph?
Anyway, let me know. Thanks!

Attachments:
models.png (1.0 MB)

82 posts
Try using topo transfer to morph the body to match the pose of the organs. Then you can blendshape between the 2 body poses and use that to point deform the organs to the original body pose.
8575 posts
cgpetey
I also have another model with the systems that go inside the human, like nervous, circulatory, etc.
don't you also have matching tpose of the skin for these models? even if it's a different model from your posed one, since I think it's rare to have just internals

if you dont have one then I'd get any similar tpose body, fit it a bit around organs if needed

then once you have any tpose body matching the organs you can use topotransfer to transfer topology of the posed model to the tpose model
and then use pointdeform to deform internals from the matched tpose to posed one with the same topo
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links