attributewrangle time dependent

751   2   1
45 posts
Hi,
I want to modify a time-varying but cached attribute , this makes the wrangle node itself timedependent. It does not happen if I set the attribute to a new value instead of multiplying. Is there a way to avoid this? I would assume the wrangle modifie all cached timesamples of the attribute at once. Is it expected to load all timesamples into an array and manipulate them directly?

I attached a hip wich should make it easier to explain.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers Martin

Edited by louisx - Sept. 14, 2023 16:32:09

Attachments:
wrangle.png (69.0 KB)
solaris_wrangle_timedependent.hipnc (121.7 KB)

Staff
360 posts
If you look at the Edit Properties LOP, there are "Frame Range" options which allow the node to operate on all the properties' time samples at once while keeping the stage non-time dependent.
We are adding more and more of these options across many LOPs to help keep the stage from being time dependent as much as possible. In the next version of houdini, many more LOP nodes have these implemented, including the Wrangle LOP.

Until then however, you can do that using a python LOP, get the attributes' timesamples, iterate over each time sample, and set the parm value to the modified value at that time sample.

Here's a modified hipfile that does this for you.

Attachments:
solaris_wrangle_timedependent.hipnc (125.4 KB)

45 posts
npetit
If you look at the Edit Properties LOP, there are "Frame Range" options which allow the node to operate on all the properties' time samples at once while keeping the stage non-time dependent.
We are adding more and more of these options across many LOPs to help keep the stage from being time dependent as much as possible. In the next version of houdini, many more LOP nodes have these implemented, including the Wrangle LOP.

Until then however, you can do that using a python LOP, get the attributes' timesamples, iterate over each time sample, and set the parm value to the modified value at that time sample.

Here's a modified hipfile that does this for you.

Thanks for your help and the hipfile
  • Quick Links