Help with a more procedural method to generate steps

871   3   0
3 posts
Hi! I'm trying to achieve more control over which steps have a long run. I can kind of get the effect with a resample by density ramp, but the approach isn't as procedural as I would like. As you can see in the screenshot, the beginning of the slope has very short steps which increase in length as the height increases, which is more or less the desired effect. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments:
231101_SlopeTest_V1.hiplc (122.4 KB)
231101_SlopeTest_SS_V1.png (981.4 KB)

480 posts
Hi,
maybe you can use a ramp to control the relative length of each step. If you have a fixed point number you can loop over all points and accumulate the ramp values from zero to this point. Once you have maximum value you can normalize it to one.

Attachments:
231101_SlopeTest_V1_mod.hipnc (131.8 KB)

3 posts
Thank you for your response. The file was helpful, but I have a question. When I use the wrangle version you provided compared to the one with the resample by density node, I noticed that the step heights are considerably smaller. In both examples, the ramp is exactly the same, but heights of each primitive is different. Any idea why this might be the case?

Attachments:
231104_SlopeTest-Resample_SS_V2.png (2.9 MB)
231104_SlopeTest-Wrangle_SS_V2.png (2.8 MB)

480 posts
This depends on the point number from the "resample2", if you resample by "curve_resample_by_density1" the number changes and so the height as well.
  • Quick Links