how using a section of road make a curve road

863   11   1
9 posts
as you see, i am using a seciton of a road (image under)

i use a loop,with a copy& bend node , copy 'section road' to curve point,then bend 'section road' with current point Normal and next point Normal,(bend node under,N is current Normal,N2 is next Normal,capture length is the road section's length)

then i got this (ignore the first one,got a false normal)

the problem is each section cant connect well,the end point for each section is not at target curve point.like this:

i am a beginer for houdini, i dont know other way to do bend the mesh.may be the bend way is not the way.
has any other way figure it out ?
9 posts
may be i figure it out,the size of the single part is to big,i clip it from 24m => 6m and resample the curve recalu it,now it seems to be better.

477 posts
You can also use the pathdeformer (if not already done). Just copy your segments along a straight line (z-axis) and resample your curve (like you have probably done already).

Attachments:
road_pathdeform_simple.hipnc (272.8 KB)

9 posts
Aizatulin
You can also use the pathdeformer (if not already done). Just copy your segments along a straight line (z-axis) and resample your curve (like you have probably done already).
wow,that's new to me,thanks bro,i will try it immediately;
9 posts
Aizatulin
damn bro,it's a more easier and fast way to construct a road,thanks a lot.
9 posts
Aizatulin

emmm,i found a problem,the pathdeformer is not smooth enough(check the gif),is there a way to make pathdeformer smooth.
9 posts
horsun
Aizatulin

emmm,i found a problem,the pathdeformer is not smooth enough(check the gif),is there a way to make pathdeformer smooth.
477 posts
The smoothness of the pathdeformer depends on the attributes of the curve. So probably you resample your curve (with subdivisions on) or with more points. Hard to say, maybe you can share your file.
9 posts
Aizatulin
The smoothness of the pathdeformer depends on the attributes of the curve. So probably you resample your curve (with subdivisions on) or with more points. Hard to say, maybe you can share your file.
you are right,i low down the resample length,it's turning to smooth,i didnt get why the resample length can effect the smooth,but it actually fixed the smooth.i upload the file if you interested.
9 posts
horsun
Aizatulin
you are right,i low down the resample length,it's turning to smooth,i didnt get why the resample length can effect the smooth,but it actually fixed the smooth.i upload the file if you interested.

Attachments:
curve.rar (181.0 KB)

477 posts
Sure

In the example file the length in "resample1" is 24 (so probably you have already turned it down to something like 1 or less). If you look at your curve, it has now a higher point density and the points are not on a straight line and all points have quite smooth corners, which means, that the angle between tangents of neighbour points are small. This will affect the pathdeformer, because it is using tangents to transform the geometry to the path (very short explanation for sure).
Edited by Aizatulin - Feb. 2, 2024 02:57:49
9 posts
Aizatulin
Sure

In the example file the length in "resample1" is 24 (so probably you have already turned it down to something like 1 or less). If you look at your curve, it has now a higher point density and the points are not on a straight line and all points have quite smooth corners, which means, that the angle between tangents of neighbour points are small. This will affect the pathdeformer, because it is using tangents to transform the geometry to the path (very short explanation for sure).
yes,that makes sense,any way thanks a lot.
  • Quick Links