RBD Guided simulation removal

332   1   0
1 posts
Hi,

Using the rbd bullet solver in SOPS, I like the workflow of using another object to break glue constraints based on proximity (use VEXpression - Delete in proximity of SOP geometry preset).

I'd like to try something similar to use a helper object to detach chunks from a guided simulation (or just set the strength to zero based on distance to the helper object).

In the case of the glue constraints, there is a “VEXpression SOP path” field to specify what points to use to measure distance. In the guided simulation VEXpression areas, there is an “Evaluation Node Path” which doesn't seem to do the same thing.

Are there any ideas on how to associate a helper object with the guided simulation?
Staff
360 posts
The "Evaluation Node Path" parameter defines the node from which to evaluate
ch(), chs(), etc
VEX commands on (the parm search path). The default, set to "." means it'll evaluate parms on the RBD Bullet Solver SOP node directly, so adding a "detachframe" attribute on the RBD Bullet Solver node directly can be referenced with
float detachframe = ch("detachframe");
for example.

Most VEX functions take a geometry as first argument, so, in your case, you can specify it as "op:<path to node>", i.e:
int npts = npoints("op:/obj/geo1/refgeo");
  • Quick Links