Reference Parameter in Group field, in Compiled Block (-1)

489   2   0
64 posts
Hi,

In a Group field: I'm trying to reference the Segments parameter (segs) in a resample node, whilst inside a compiled block. I know you need to use the Spare Input and -1, but I can get it to evaluate properly. Any ideas?

chs("../resample1/segs") works when NOT in compiled block

chs("-1/segs") does not work in compiled block

Thanks
8554 posts
spare input reference is necessary only for functions that evaluate geometry, and also -1, ... refer to geometry directly and not to sop node

ch(), chs(), ... functions evaluate parameters which get resolved independently from cooking the verbs, so unless the parameter you are referencing has value dependent on some geo attribute values or something, I'd imagine that
chs("../resample1/segs") 
should work inside of compiled block (unless you are talking about compiled graphs, which are more strict about expressions)

do you have an example when it's not working?
Edited by tamte - Feb. 18, 2024 15:04:00
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
64 posts
tamte
spare input reference is necessary only for functions that evaluate geometry, and also -1, ... refer to geometry directly and not to sop node

ch(), chs(), ... functions evaluate parameters which get resolved independently from cooking the verbs, so unless the parameter you are referencing has value dependent on some geo attribute values or something, I'd imagine that
chs("../resample1/segs") 
should work inside of compiled block (unless you are talking about compiled graphs, which are more strict about expressions)

do you have an example when it's not working?

Nope, It works as you described. Thanks!
  • Quick Links