strange geo look in viewport

403   4   0
28 posts
Hi, can someone please tell if this is typical; please see attached. I want to cache this file, it is just under 2.2 million particles ( little geometries) . In the object network, and geo network, scene view, my file looks like this; can someone tell me what this means? is it indicative of anything of concern, ? thank you, Craig

Attachments:
viewport-geo.png (1.8 MB)

7771 posts
Probably hit the polygon limit for instances so it's drawing bboxs for the rest. If you zoom in you can see that they're boxes.
28 posts
OK, thank you . Should this impact my caching or rendering? can you suggest what I can do to avoid this,?, or should this not be an issue, thanks, Craig
7771 posts
skadbone1
OK, thank you . Should this impact my caching or rendering? can you suggest what I can do to avoid this,?, or should this not be an issue, thanks, Craig

It should only affect display. You can increase the limit, if you have the hardware to handle it, in the display settings.
28 posts
thank you again. I was having an issue, using scene merge to bring in the geo to Solaris, and I pressed shift>f to frame it, but I coouldnt see it, maybe that is why.
BTW, I have two NVIDIA cards, 64 g RAM
  • Quick Links