Maya-like image plane - NOT for the usual purpose

165   0   1
39 posts
In Maya, an image plane that is attached to a camera will not only follow the camera as it moves around but its size will change as the focal length changes so that the image plane is always perfectly fitted to the resolution gate. Also, if you change the proportions of the resolution gate (make the image long in the vertical instead of in the horizontal for example), you can refit the image plane to match the new resolution gate. I want to make a polygonal grid in Houdini do the same thing (though, ideally, the image plane will automatically fit to the resolution gate without the user needing to push a button as in maya).

NOTE: I will not be using this as an actual image plane. Instead, I will be attaching other objects to the grid so that their position, scale, and proportions within the frame of the camera remain fixed.

NOTE: this needs to work in a lops context.

NOTE: I have posted another question with similar but different goals (link below). I expect that the solutions for these two scenarios may have some overlapping features.

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/95625/?page=1#post-420359 [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by fbb - April 22, 2024 15:26:25
  • Quick Links