RBD Material Combine

167   1   0
1 posts
Hey all
This might be a stupid question however I am attempting to complete an assignment with the output being a destruction sim, I have created a brick wall and I have created a plaster sheet infront of it in two separate Geo nodes. In the plaster sheet node i have also created a basic RBD facture so when the object passes through it will shatter however I don't want the the bricks behind it to shatter and instead just react with object passing though.

I have set up an object to destroy them in each Geo node however obviously they operate separately of each other and as such while being destroyed clip into each other. Is there a way to combine them or at least for the two different goes to react with each other so they dont clip through each other
Image Not Found

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-05-01 114104.png (1.1 MB)

8595 posts
for them to mutually interact you need to feed both of them to the same RBD Solver node

you can objectmerge your Bricks and Plaster into the same object and plug into RBD Solver

if each of them has constraints you may want to use RBD Pack first, then merge them, then RBD Unpack, optionally define constraints between them, and plug into solver

then to further configure each of them either use RBD Configure on each before RBD Pack or use RBD Configure on merged geo after unpacking using groups to distinguish between them
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links