Slowly reducing fluid particle emission

2268   5   1
4 posts
Hello,

I'm wanting to reduce the emission of particle fluids from an object over time.

I can't seem to find a straightforward solution for this. The activation parameter
on the source volume is either off or on ( float values are accepted but are not calculated, it seems to be either fully on or fully off ), but if you wanted to simulate water pressure being reduced over time like say shutting off a tap, how would you do this?

I've also been told keying the Scale Source Volume is the way to do it, but this
does even less. It does nothing to affect the emission rate of the particles.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.
64 posts
I'm keyframing the “Shell Thickness” parameter from the FLIP Source node (It works fine in my case, probably can help you too).
4 posts
I'll give it a shot, thanks so much. This seems to be a real mystery.
4 posts
eddgarpv
I'm keyframing the “Shell Thickness” parameter from the FLIP Source node (It works fine in my case, probably can help you too).

I can't find a parameter called shell thickness on the fluid source node. Then again it's not called a FLIP Source. I also can't find any FLIP Source node anywhere in my networks.

I created an emit particle fluid from a default sphere. In which network are you finding this node. [www.sidefx.com]
64 posts
There it is, just search “shell thickness” in that link and you'll see it:

Enabling this option interprets the input geometry as a shell around its surface of the given thickness (as opposed to a filled volume).

I assume you're using H17?
8 posts
Nope, I've only got 16.5 at the moment and I don't think this parameter is part of the network.
Edited by jaypeg - 2018年10月31日 08:02:30
  • Quick Links