HOW TO RESUME RENDER AFTER CRASH WITHOUT OVERWRITING FRAMES

2468   4   0
8 posts
Hi,

My render was interrupted and I want to know how to resume rendering without overwriting the completed frames. I noticed the expression in the mantra node ($FSTART). Is there an expression I can use to resume render at the point of the last completed frame?

I manually changed the frame number on the Mantra node and it seemed to work but I wanted to render in the background and I wasn't sure if I could do that without changing the expression.

Thanks.

Sean
Edited by SeanMorgan1962 - 2020年1月13日 11:52:04
2041 posts
Technically yeah you can render in background regardless of whether or not you use an expression to define the frame range.

But of course the question is are you rendering something like a sim that hasn't been cached out so that each frame needs to know what the previous frame did? In such a case no, that won't work for you and it really has nothing to do with whether or not there is an expression defining the frame range - it's more to do with the content of the render.
Edited by BabaJ - 2020年1月13日 13:55:58
8555 posts
you can set Skip Rendered Frames parameter from Overwrite to one of the Skip options
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
8 posts
Thanks for the replies, fellas…

It was cached.

Tomas, thank you. I did find that button this morning, in fact. LOL. Oops! Sometimes I overlook the most obvious in an effort to be clever.

Thanks, again for the replies, gentlemen. I think this matter is closed.

Cheers!

Sean
188 posts
tamte
you can set Skip Rendered Frames parameter from Overwrite to one of the Skip options
Oh my goodness. I'm glad I came across this while googling. Lifesaver. Absolutely. 🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Quick Links