IRON HEART WINNERS

38829   66   1
34 posts
What an incredible experience! I am exhausted and I've learned so so much. Thanks so much to the organizers and everyone who was along for the ride on the submission side.
Edited by Luke Kantola - 2021年3月31日 22:14:03

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_LukeKantola.jpg (5.9 MB)

33 posts

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_tanitta.png (4.6 MB)

40 posts
Many thanks to the organizers for the opportunity to participate in the daily challenge! It was quite difficult due to the limited time and lack of experience, much had to be done for the first time. It was very interesting to watch the presented works! Congratulations to all the winners and participants who have passed this competition to the end !!!

Attachments:
My_mardini_ironheart_template.png (6.1 MB)

69 posts
Another year, and another 31 completed entries. As tiring as it is to submit every day, this challenge does push my mind, and skill tremendously in a great way. This even paid off with two 2nd place and three 3rd place wins as well. Much better than 0 wins last year in Houly.

I always find new ways to make something awesome with this challenge. Thanks again for another great year!

Attachments:
Mardini2021_Ironheart_David Torno.jpg (7.8 MB)

--
David Torno
https://linktr.ee/davidtorno [linktr.ee]
280 posts
This was quite something! amazing to follow everyones entries and also to be part of.

Attachments:
TKC_mardini_ironheart_template.png (5.3 MB)

https://www.thomaskchristensen.com [www.thomaskchristensen.com]
37 posts
Great job everyone. I wasn't sure myself if I could do it but I managed somehow, on less sleep than I'd like.

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_template.png (4.8 MB)

34 posts
I’m fairly new to professional 3D software. After a few months getting some background knowledge from Maya, I decided to start learning Houdini at the beginning of March and discovered the Mardini challenge two days after. Which was pretty good timing. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to learn this powerful tool.

Attachments:
Bajanflyingfish Sheet.png (6.1 MB)

32 posts
What an incredible journey it has been! I just cant thank you all enough for inspiring me everyday through this journey. You guys are amazing and thanks to the organizers for bringing out the best in us. Looking forward to more of these challenges
Edited by Ash_fx - 2021年4月1日 00:16:38

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_Asha02.jpg (2.9 MB)

102 posts
I am exhausted haha. Give me another sleep prompt for April 1st.

Here's my completed thing. Happy to have participated again this year. I see a dramatic improvement over the stuff I did for Houly. I even placed third one week. Cheers everyone!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_complete_JoshuaPetrakos.jpg (4.7 MB)

33 posts
What a crazy month! I learned a lot, and really enjoyed seeing everyone's imaginative creations. Thanks to everyone for the opportunity, encouragement and critiques!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_forest3d.jpg (5.1 MB)

64 posts
This was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be but I am stoked to have managed to get all 31 days done without getting fired from my dayjob.
Congratz to everyone who played along and I look forward to seeing what we come up with next time!

Attachments:
Jared_lee_mardini_ironheart.png (3.2 MB)

34 posts
This marks my first year of using Houdini and I thought that I would participate in Mardini to put the things that I have learned together. I want to thank the Sidefx team and the organizers of Mardini for this awesome community event! It always inspires me to see the awesome work that everyone else is doing and it helps that I'm able to tell myself that I can create the same level of work someday.
Edited by Romulus2100 - 2021年4月1日 01:43:34

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart.jpg (3.4 MB)

66 posts
Congratulations to everyone who finished this challenge and you are all the winners.I believed we all had a special March and this is one of most memorable experiences in my life. I regard this challenge as a competition that everyone needs to participate in once in their life, not to compete with others but fight for yourself.
I want to thank all sidefx staff for this great opportunity and day and night works with us. Especially thanks to Ben Mears who gave me a lot of encouragement when I was in self-doubt. Also especially thanks to Moeen who continued to give useful comments to our works and I will take his advice to refine my work if I have time in the future. Finally,I need to thank my wife and my family members who support me for all this challenge.

Since almost all my submissions are videos(only 2 images for  31 days), I made a compilation of my submission. As I mentioned previously, I wanted to test my limitations and breakthrough if possible, so I added 3 more limitations besides Mardini rules.  First, try to make more video submissions instead of images,and all works are using 16:9 resolution. Second,try my best to reach production quality in one day. Last but not least, Never choose the easy path and keep learning something new from each day's work.Now, I finished all 31 days of work and I think I realised what I aim for though exhausted and sleepy. I am quite satisfied with this "impossible mission" although they are far from perfect.

I learned and reflected a lot for my 4 years houdini journey during this challenge, especially when I saw so many talented artists creating amazing artwork using houdini. Hopefully, in the future, I will have a chance to share with you all my learning experience and methods in houdini. Just keep moving on and this is not an end but a brand new start. Cheers.

Attachments:
carldrifter_mardini_ironheart.jpg (3.6 MB)

32 posts
My mardini Contact sheet

Attachments:
final_works.png (6.3 MB)

31 posts
Thank you for one month.

I was looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

Attachments:
iron_mardini_ironheart_template_2021-04-01_15.34.24.png (1.5 MB)

39 posts
Waw, can't belive it's been a whole month! I learned a lot and gain a bit more confidence. But I still have a lot to learn... mmh.. VEX VEX VEX...

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_fill.png (5.1 MB)

51 posts
It really was great fun and I've learned a great deal by being a part of this.

Thank you all for allowing me to join you in this month of artful pushes.

my entries as a playlist [www.youtube.com]

See you soon,
-alan/organic

find me on instagram [www.instagram.com]

eta: inspired by others, here's a video version of the contact sheet and a few more thoughts

In addition to the main Mardini rules, I too imposed a few constraints on my daily projects to help guide my own personal growth and to better leverage existing strengths each day. This was perhaps the most frustrating and also rewarding aspect to my personal journey this month.

-- square aspect ratio 2048x2048 @ 24fps

-- rendered with flipbook only

-- each entry should be an animation, minimum 10 seconds in duration

In all, over 8 minutes of animation produced in this fashion.

p.s. if I owned Redshift, I'd probably gone that route instead since I'd like to learn it, but alas, that's not currently in the budget -- maybe next time

Edited by OrganicComputer - 2021年4月2日 05:03:58

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_alan_gordie_organiccomputer.png (3.7 MB)

168 posts
Thanks again SideFX, feel I'm progressing slowly and this challenge does push you to try new areas and functionality of Houdini. Keep learning in 2021!
Edited by RhysSion - 2021年4月1日 06:44:01

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_RhysSion.png (5.0 MB)

32 posts
Thank you Mardini2021!

Mardini challenge is the first step of my whole journey with Houdini.
I'm proud of myself!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_mumu_mutsumiYamamoto.png (4.4 MB)

65 posts
Mardini is over.
In the middle of March, I thought that this month would last forever, but now that I look back, it seems to have passed in an instant.
Even if only once, I am very proud to have won the Daily Winners. I'll keep on learning Houdini!

Attachments:
mardini_ironheart_illsqjn.png (7.4 MB)

• Quick Links