Copernicus Terrains - How to Paint an Interactive Mask

   359   3   0
User Avatar
Member
738 posts
Joined: 12月 2006
オフライン
Houdini 22.0.368 - Is this possbible? I want to flatten an area of my terrain. The heightfield clip COP takes a mask.. how do I paint one on my terrain?
Edited by mrCatfish - 2026年10月1日 16:21:18
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
User Avatar
Member
9735 posts
Joined: 7月 2007
オフライン
you can use Paint 3D COP and plug your original heightfield into canvas
Edited by tamte - 2026年10月1日 17:38:12
Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
User Avatar
Member
738 posts
Joined: 12月 2006
オフライン
Thanks, that's what I was trying to do, but I couldn't get it to display in 3d with the 2-flag workflow. After playing around with it a bit, I see I have to put a null downstream of the paint node with the 3d flag enabled and I can see the results in real time on the geo. However, I only seem to be able to paint "height" and all my attempts to paint a brand-new mask were not working.

Basically, I wanted to paint a brand new mask to modulate a HF blur. A collegue of mine came up with this workflow, which works, but is not obvious to say the least!

Is there a better way to do this? (All attempts to paint a mask using the built in tools failed miserably.)

Attachments:
hf.png (521.6 KB)
hf2.png (97.7 KB)

Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
User Avatar
Member
9735 posts
Joined: 7月 2007
オフライン
I don't think I understand what you are running into
for me just a simple display flag on the Clip and Paint node selected I can paint interactively



or if you want to display it at the same time, 3D/Display flag workflow seems to work for me
Edited by tamte - 2026年10月2日 15:24:31

Attachments:
cop_paint_heightfield_mask_22.0.429.gif (249.3 KB)
cop_paint_heightfield_mask2_22.0.429.gif (162.2 KB)

Tomas Slancik
CG Supervisor
Framestore, NY
  • Quick Links