How to copy AND deform geom along entire length of curve

1210   2   1
3 posts
This is the first time I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem in topics that have already been posted. Hence, my first post

I'm trying to get input geometry to deform AND copy along a set of input curves. This seemed easy to do at first but for some reason I can't get any of the sop's to work as they should. The path deform sop doesn't copy the geometry, it just stretches it along the length of the curve.

the copy to curve sop doesn't deform the geometry and just copies it to the points of the curve.

Input geometry to copy and deform:
Image Not Found

curves to deform and copy the geometry along:
Image Not Found

path deform result, the geometry gets stretched along the length of the curve. It should be copied and deformed along the entire length
and not stretched.

I basically need a combination of the 2. I found a post on odforce with my exact problem but it seems to be a dead end as no solution was found (I tried what that 1 user suggested, but it did not work.)

the forum post on odforce [www.sidefx.com]

This seems like it should be a simple problem to solve as I have been able to achieve this result in other software like ue4 and 3dsmax, so I apologize in advance if I missed something obvious and stupid.

Attachments:
Screenshot_3.jpg (178.5 KB)

bb
7737 posts
Did you try the Chain sop? I think it combines the copying with the deforming.
3 posts
Ofc I miss the one node that does exactly what I'm trying to do, I'm dumb lol. Thank you!!!

And thats a horrible first post I made, half of the screenshots are missing, sorry haha.
Edited by Nicolas_B - 2021年4月19日 17:20:38
bb
  • Quick Links