Possible bug with viewport.

   3193   5   2
User Avatar
Member
107 posts
Joined: 9月 2009
オフライン
Hey All,

Attached is a screenshot from Solaris 20.0.547. There is a thick black bar at the top of the viewport... which makes it difficult to select cameras, and Hydra Delegates.

This "bug" has shown up since 20.0.506, and it appears in both Windows 11 and Linux Mint 21.2. So it doesn't look like it is a driver issue. I am on the latest Nvidia drivers for both OSes. Should I submit a bug report? This happens randomly BTW... It happens with all project files. I can restart Houdini, and sometime it behaves as expected. Ideas?

Thanks,

Todd
Edited by TheNotepadShow - 2023年12月6日 21:45:53

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2023-12-06 20-39-58.png (3.8 MB)

Thanks,
Todd Manus
www.artstation.com/thenotepadshow
www.itodd.net
renderman.pixar.com/the-notepad-show
User Avatar
Member
282 posts
Joined: 10月 2015
オンライン
Hello, I notice same thing.
On my side, in viewport, if I hit "S" to go in select mode,black bar disappear.
User Avatar
Member
63 posts
Joined: 9月 2018
オンライン
Same issue here, happens from time to time. To get rid of it I just ESC the cam state and come back in.
User Avatar
Member
107 posts
Joined: 9月 2009
オフライン
I'll file a bug report. Thanks guys :-).

Todd
Thanks,
Todd Manus
www.artstation.com/thenotepadshow
www.itodd.net
renderman.pixar.com/the-notepad-show
User Avatar
Member
225 posts
Joined: 2月 2017
オフライン
Same here,it's a bug.
Edited by wanglifu - 2023年12月7日 22:45:51
User Avatar
Member
86 posts
Joined:
オフライン
Did this bug ever get fixed? I'm still seeing this in Houdini 21.0.762 ?

It is only a problem with the OpenGL version of the viewport Houdini_VK works fine it seems..
  • Quick Links