Rendering problem

3446   6   1
10 posts
Hello everyone, Houdini beginner here.

I have started learning dynamics (smoke and fire to be precise ) few days ago. I wanted to make a simple smoke sim test, and i have a problem in rendering phase.

When i adjust the shader of my smoke and render one test frame i get image Test1.

The problem is when i want to render the animation, and when it starts rendering i get image Test2.

I can't seem to figure out what the problem is, is there a problem with my shader or with mantra node?

Thanks.
Igor

Attachments:
Test2.jpg (63.2 KB)
Test1.jpg (40.5 KB)

696 posts
If your test render is done in the IPR (render view) make sure you've got the “Preview” option ticked off. The preview rendering method is Raytrace and when it's off you get to see the results from your mantra node options properly.

Cheers
Toronto - ON
My Houdini playground [renderfarm.tumblr.com]
“As technology advances, the rendering time remains constant.”
10 posts
That doesn't seem to help, or i am getting something wrong.

Here is the scene if anyone can take a look at it and help me out what the problem is i would appreciate it a lot

Thanks.

Attachments:
Smoke_testing_params.hipnc (777.9 KB)

10 posts
Also i am having a problem rendering 1080p images. I've tried changing the camera resolution, checked if the correct camera is plugged into the mantra node, tried to override resolution in mantra settings and it doesn't work.

I am getting an image of 784x431 pixel size. It is probably something simple but i can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.
1 posts
You can't render 1080p images because you are using a non-commerical version of Houdini aka Houdini Apprentice. Thus you will have a limited resolution size of what you mentioned.

In IPR if you are using preview mode. It will be using the raytracing renderer even if your mantra node is using the micropolygon renderer.

Attachments:
render.jpg (347.7 KB)

7766 posts
Sovaaa
I am getting an image of 784x431 pixel size. It is probably something simple but i can't seem to get it to work.

Are you using the free trial? See this page for the Apprentice edition limitations and differences:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=589&Itemid=221 [sidefx.com]
10 posts
Thx for help, I forgot that i have limitations with free Houdini apprentice ops:.

I figured out my issue with render being so noisy. When i rendered with the icon in the bottom left corner it was using mantra node, which was different from my mantra1 node used to render the animation and i didn't set the Volume Quality setting correctly, it was a low number which caused my render to look like in image2.
  • Quick Links