SBD Pin constrain select points

2449   5   0
3 posts
I'm trying to make soft body (cloth) and using SBD Pin Constrain that my cloth will be alwayes the sam place, in picture I put red line where is the point that will be pin is, but if cage of plane will be more that 100 rows x 100 columns how to define in sbd pin contsraint in Constrainted Points this point ?

Now i can write down manyaly by hand but 100x100 point ? how to check points that I need

Attachments:
q.jpg (333.1 KB)

184 posts
Hi ar2r,

You can gather the points into a group with an expression - using the bounding box (bbox()) is nice and simple for the case above.

Then you can address those points in your pin solver by putting, i.e. `pointlist(“/obj/grid/group1”, “group1”)`. Include backticks as it's hscript resolving inside a string field.

The attached sample gives a setup as per your example.

Attachments:
ClothPin_Example.hipnc (93.5 KB)

3 posts
Thnx AdamT, I download your sample and will try this, 'cuz now simulating ( I finded that I can write range 0-1000 or 2000-5000:2 ) thx again
184 posts
Cool stuff, yep ranges will work too

Expressions are the first key to being able to build procedurally, so be sure to spend some time getting to know them. The sample above will let you change the resolution of your source mesh without having to worry about modifying range filters, for example.

Have fun
3 posts
yes , I'm newbie so more to learn ….

can you tell me what pc will be the best for simulating ( I've got 4 core with additional 4 ht) but that I saw Houdini simulate only 50% of processor power
4521 posts
You can also directly use the group name in that field. I actually submitted an RFE to have a menu button near this parameter to hint users that group names can be used by directly typing it or by selecting it from the menu.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
  • Quick Links