Pyro Cache not reading entirly, Pre-Roll for Pyro-Sim

2473   2   2
41 posts
Hey,
I have done a 321 frames long Pyro Sim in Houdini Apprentice and Cached the Sim out using the 2.nd method shown here: https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3089&Itemid=407 [sidefx.com]
However when I point the DOP Network to the location of the sim it only reads in 162 frames(see attached screenshot). Is this an indication that one frame is corrupt? Is there a way to check this? Or do I have to check something else? Maybe adjusting somwhere the filesize amount Houdini is allowed to read.

Is there a way to “preroll” a Pyro sim in Houdini? Right now I use 100frames just to get the Sim to the point where I want to get going.

Thanks again for all your help :-)

Best
Pascal

Attachments:
Cache.PNG (13.3 KB)

1265 posts
I'm having similar issues. 140 Frames of caching, but when I read back the cache the solve stops at 105.
After some testing I found that the sim solves fine when I lower the res (division size).

Not sure how to fix this because it looks bad at a lower res.

Any ideas?
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
41 posts
Even recreating the .sim files didn't help in my case. It once again stoopped at frame 162. Might be the file sizes. I ended up using the 1st method shown in the video which did the trick for me. You “lose” the color information but I was ok with it as you can recreate it as shown in the video.
  • Quick Links