3DEqualizer To Houdini

3963   3   0
169 posts
I'm trying to bring in scene data from 3Dequalizer. I've tried exporting for Houdini which gives me a Python script. I've also tried exporting fbx.

Both have errors when I bring them into Houdini. Basically slight wobbles that don't exist in 3Dequalizer. The fbx's wobble is much bigger than the python script but the python script is still not usable.

To test that data is correct I've imported the same fbx in Maya. There it works with no wobble.

Anybody know a proper workflow with 3dEq?

Thank you
Winter is coming!
Staff
3455 posts
just off the top of my head…have you checked that the scale is correct - Houdini uses meters and Maya uses cm…
it's possible that the larger scale is just revealing the wobble in the data…

can you post an example file?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
169 posts
arctor
just off the top of my head…have you checked that the scale is correct - Houdini uses meters and Maya uses cm…
it's possible that the larger scale is just revealing the wobble in the data…

can you post an example file?

Hi - Here's the fbx + the .py file

If I load it into Houdini I get an up and down wobble that isn't present in the original (3DEqualizer) or if I import it in Maya.

Thank you

Attachments:
houdini3dEq.zip (52.5 KB)
scene_3deq.jpg (3.9 KB)
scene_hou.jpg (3.5 KB)

Winter is coming!
169 posts
Figured it out. For whatever reason the framerate in the fbx (which is 24) doesn't come through on importing. I need to click overwrite fbx framerate and set it to 24. In maya it reads it correctly as 24 right off the bat.
Winter is coming!
  • Quick Links