Revert embedded information in *hipnc files and assets

3146   2   1
2042 posts
When we save to create a digital asset does some information become embedded in the *hipnc file that we create the digital asset from?

The reason I ask is that I was doing the Ari Danesh hose tutorial and got all the controls working fine then at the end right clicked on the object to create the digital asset.

In the process I tried saving the asset under a different name other than the default that was going to be used in the create digital asset dialog box and change the location.

Somehow in the whole process some errors came up and in an attempt to start creating the asset from scratch again I deleted any files that where in the destination folder I tried to save too.

I did not delete any files from my Project Folder from where I made the *hipnc file.

However when I open up the *hipnc file in my project, everything works fine as originally intended and created but the object that I attempted to create the digital asset from now carries an “error border” around it saying it has an incomplete asset definition.

This is why I think something is now embedded in the *hipnc file because I can still “use” it as before but I want to get rid of this error flag without having to start the project from scratch.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments:
embeded-assets.jpg (72.0 KB)

8595 posts
go to Window/Operator Type Manager
or Asset/Manage Asset Libraries

you should see your asset in Embedded
just rightclick on it and hit Duplicate, then point it to path you want to save it to
then you can remove Embedded one
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
2042 posts
Thanks for this suggestion,

however when I try to open the duplicate file I get an error message saying “invalid .hip file header”.

I may not be able to get to this forum for a couple days so I appreciate the attempt in responding. I think I may just have to start from scratch.

I have a feeling that the way I have my project folders set up is creating problems too, so I will ask questions about that when I get back and try the tutorial again; The review will be good anyways.
  • Quick Links