Agent Cam is Too Shaky

4650   3   2
2537 posts
Hi All,

I just tried out the new Agent Cam feature of H15 and I find it quite shaky. I created a sim using the new Fuzzy Obstacle example simulation. I selected a few different agents and applied cameras to them. When I switch to those cameras it is like handing a camcorder to your kid. The lens is all over the place and it would probably be a waste of time to even render such footage, in most cases.

Is there any way to add stabilization to the camera? Does anyone have a recipe for such a RIG?

Thanks
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
7717 posts
It just attaches the camera to the head transform. So some ideas offhand:
- Attach it to a transform that's less shaky (if it's a problem with the rig)
- Dive inside and delete the rotation channels on the agentcam1/transform_1 node
- Also on the transform_1 node, right-click on the Translate parameter, choose Motion FX > Smooth (or Lag?) … adjust to your liking. But I just noticed a bug when you do this though. You'll need to Jump to the attached Motion FX node and add “../” to the paths in the point expressions.
22 posts
How were able to get this to actually render? I attached the agent cam and all is fine in the viewport, but mantra node (with the red error lines) states “unable to initialize rendering module with given camera.” I do have the camera set to /obj/agentcam/
208 posts
Tod,
Point your Mantra camera parameter at the camera inside the AgentCam node. So instead of

obj/AgentCam

use

/obj/AgentCam/cams/agentcam_1

the actual camera is buried in the agent layer named AgentCam (as I understand it.

Kevin
  • Quick Links