topobuild

2617   7   3
1529 posts
Just had a chance to test drive the new topobuild tool!

Love it – it almost handles like 3dcoat in this regard (good thing in my books). It's certainly my favourite interactive houdini tool to date!

Can't seem to figure out how to insert an edge loop while manipulating points – can anyone clue me in?

Cheers,

G
Staff
329 posts
keyframe
Can't seem to figure out how to insert an edge loop while manipulating points – can anyone clue me in?

Currently you cannot insert edge loops directly in the TopoBuild tool. However, you can use the Edge Loop tool on the “Polygon” shelf to add edge loops then click the TopoBuild tool on the “Model” shelf to continue your work.
1529 posts
Thanks for the feedback Derrick.

Would it be worth while to consider adding that, along with the ability to edge slide along the templated topology?

The workflow seems rather disjointed in this regard at the moment…

G
Staff
329 posts
keyframe
Would it be worth while to consider adding that, along with the ability to edge slide along the templated topology?

Absolutely. We would like to improve the TopoBuild tool so those mesh manipulations can be done directly in the tool.
1529 posts
Thanks Derrick,

I look forward to that very much!

Cheers,

G
252 posts
+1 for this, I was looking for the option to add/remove edge and edge loops too
655 posts
Same here, I really have been using a lot for a big retopo task of many characters and it has been a life saver.

Would be great to see a few updates on it but hey, what a great start!

Thanks
49 posts
Just in case some will stumble upon this, now you can: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/topobuild.html [www.sidefx.com]

Edited by AnimGraphLab - Jan. 7, 2024 13:10:52

Attachments:
topobuild edge loop.png (322.9 KB)

3D Generalist. Transforming 2D images to 3D animations.
Socials: https://linktr.ee/AnimGraphLab [linktr.ee]
  • Quick Links