Randomize the default state of the agents

2842   4   1
28 posts
Hi, I don't know how to randomize the default state of the agents on my crowd sim, and I can't find any help online. Do you have any documents or examples about how to use this parameter of the crowdsource?
I have 1 agents whit 5 different clips baked and I want that the sim start with a random distribution of this 5 clips.
Thanks.
Martin Larravide.
2537 posts
There is a Randomize Tab in the crowd source node. It allows you to randomize various parameters in an individual way.

You can create five different groups. Make each group have the default of one of the five clips. Then you have a complete crowd source node for each of the five clips. Including count, random size and all the other parameters.

By default your crowd source is just the blue agents group. Duplicate that and give it a new group name and default state etc…
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
Staff
727 posts
You can also just use regular SOP tools to set the “state” point attribute however you'd like.
28 posts
is too much to ask for an example file?
28 posts
I add an scatter and 5 atribcreate each with a different point group and a different state in the in of the crowdsource, I suppose that it isn't the more elegant solutions but works great.
Thanks.
  • Quick Links