Mantra Surface Shader

2072   4   1
148 posts
I am working through the Mantra Surface Shader (after unlocking it). Does anyone know where a texture map related to the parameter Surface->Diffuse Map connects to within the interior of the Mantra Surface Shader? I checked dependencies of the Map parameter and it points to something called diff_colorTexture but I can't find it in any of the Mantra Surface Shader interior nodes.

VR

Lars
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
Advanced Research And Development
459 posts
Find the “diffColor” node and double click on the knob sticking out from the “texture” input.

-b
http://www.racecar.no [www.racecar.no]
Staff
3455 posts
on the surfacecolor called “diffColor there is a parameter called diff_ olor_Texture
it's been promoted and has a little nub poking out of it - double click the nub and the node will fly out
on the parameters of the mantra surface there is an option to ”use map"
this will make the file path available

see pic

HTH

Attachments:
diff_texture.jpg (164.3 KB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
148 posts
Thanks! I had looked at that parameter but did not double click its knob to expand it. I know how to plug a map in but wanted to trace how this works in the Mantra shader network. I also see now I could have hovered over the Map parameter to see what the parameter name was.

VR

Lars
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
148 posts
Follow-up question? Is there a way to expand all of the promoted parameters to show as nodes?

Never mind, I figured it out.

VR

Lars
Lars Wood
Future Vision Guide
  • Quick Links