wacom issues

3141   4   1
280 posts
Hi I am experiencing some weird issues with wacom tablet on windows 10… Before posting it as a bug I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Basically there are 3 issues.

• Click a node will not select it, I have to draw a box on the node to select them properly
    Click in in the top “address bar” to jump to an upper level from inside a node will also not respond properly. it will behave as if the LMB is continuosly pressing.
    And a minor one is that on 2 screen I need to restart the wacom driver for the tablet to map the monitor correctly on Houdini, all other programs work fine.

All this are minor inconveniences so I was wondering if anyone out there also experienced this and if any solution or maybe setting fix is known.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8408875/ [www.imdb.com]
62 posts
I've noticed that wacom only works if set to pen mode.
I used to work in mouse mode, but this little “feature” forced me to revert back to pen mode, and buy a bigger tablet.
Not sure if this bit of info helps, but there it is
G
147 posts
This has been discussed before, and it's not really a Win10 bug. That is, when you use the tablet in mouse mode.
Or it is, and it might be buggy Wacom drivers ;-)

It's a bug in Qt, and will apparently be fixed in the next version. When that is done, it can be fixed in H too.

rob
Apprentice Attribute / Houdini 17.0.381 / GTX 970 - driver 411.63
333 posts
I had this issue in Pen Mode too months ago in H15.
What I had to do to solve it was Install a new wacom driver and then remove all the Wacom Settings.

Only after removing all the settings the tablet started to work correct again. After that I could put back my own settings.

ps: I never understand people who use a tablet in mouse mode tbh. Seems so wrong to me.
80 posts
Upgrading the Wacom driver fixed this for me.

Win10, H15.0, Wacom6.3.15-2 (older PTZ tablet)
  • Quick Links