Upgrading Indie from 15.0 to 15.5

3069   5   1
17 posts
Is it possible to upgrade an Indie license to the newest version? I seem to remember doing this in the past, but I can't for the life of me figure it out now.
Staff
3455 posts
if you have an license for 15.0.x you should be able to simply download and install 15.5.x and run it - there have been no changes to the license server
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
17 posts
Oh I figured it out. I forgot that indie is it's own separate executable. My bad!
143 posts
Hello,

I cannot seem to get this to work. I have downloaded 15.5 but it keeps walking me through the license wizard:

“This software requires a license”

I then select “I have a paid license for houdini” and click “Next”.

Then it gives me the description page..“Use a purchased license..” which said “Click the License Settings button”.

After doing that, it gives me the window in the attachment…and then I can do nothing else.

NOTE: I can't seem to attach the picture, but it's the standard license admin window that shows my houdini indie license:

Houdini-Indie 15.0 | Generic | 1/1 | +.+.+.+ | 18-apr-2017
Edited by caesar - July 15, 2016 18:45:27
280 posts
caesar
Hello,

I cannot seem to get this to work. I have downloaded 15.5 but it keeps walking me through the license wizard:

“This software requires a license”

I then select “I have a paid license for houdini” and click “Next”.

Then it gives me the description page..“Use a purchased license..” which said “Click the License Settings button”.

After doing that, it gives me the window in the attachment…and then I can do nothing else.

NOTE: I can't seem to attach the picture, but it's the standard license admin window that shows my houdini indie license:

Houdini-Indie 15.0 | Generic | 1/1 | +.+.+.+ | 18-apr-2017
Have you installed the version with the license server? Just guessing here….
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8408875/ [www.imdb.com]
Staff
3455 posts
I believe this issue has been fixed…try today's build
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links