Still showing watermark and capping render size with Houdini Indie converted file

8504   7   0
9 posts
Hi

I converted a apprentice file to indie. Buts its rendering at 1280 and has watermark. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

J
2539 posts
Are you launching the correct icon? The same thing happened to me. I had been using Apprentice then I bought an Indie license. However, I was still launching the Apprentice version. There is an Indie version as well. Make sure you are launching the correct app version.

Does the viewport actually say Indie?
Edited by Enivob - Sept. 20, 2016 22:34:51
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
9 posts
Thanks for reply!

Yes viewport says Indie. And at top of app window.

One fix that works is to override camera resolution on mantra node to 1920. Sometimes switches back to watermark randomly though.
2539 posts
It could be the convert was not perfect. The nodes themselves carry with them some kind of stamp that contains what license type they were initially created with. That is why you can't just copy and paste nodes from an Apprentice project directly into an Indie scene. It will work, but Houdini will down grade the license because the source nodes came from a lower license type.

You may want to submit your converted file to SESI as a bug. They may be unaware that certain nodes do not convert correctly and be able to fix the converter.

If the scene is not to complicated you may want simply re-construct it in Indie to avoid further errors.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
194 posts
I'm having the same issue. whenever i hit render, non-commercial MPlay pops up. If i go to the render view and render, the whole session becomes non-commercial, quietly.

seems like a bug. I happen to be using 15.5.663
7726 posts
If your scene uses any non-commercial HDA or load any non-commercial .pic, then your Houdini session will automatically downgrade. So it's not enough if just convert your .hip files but not all of your created NC assets.
125 posts
>>Are you launching the correct icon?<<

I was having this same issue. This was very confusing as the icon installed on my laptop would launch Apprentice. I went through several un
installs/install till I read this thread. gee wiz
21 posts
Hi,

It seems that the watermark bug in Houdini 16 Indie is still happening. I created a scene in H16.705 Apprentice, used the converter NC to Indie, opened the file in H16.705 Indie and after the render is complete the watermark is still there.

As the user twelveplusplus mentioned above, when I launch MPlay in Houdini Indie I can see on the bottom right corner that the MPlay running is the Non-Commercial version, therefore, still applying the watermark on all the renders.

Wizards at SideFX, can you please unlock the MPlay in Houdini Indie to render as limited commercial (HD1080) and without applying the logo on the renders?

I can imagine that for a team that coded explosions, shatter and FLIPS, to remove a watermark from a renderer might be a pretty simple task

Cheers!
  • Quick Links