Best Way to update Indie Version

1878   3   0
2042 posts
Hello,

I was having a number of problems with Indie not updating my file with changes I made to it even after a system restart which led me to need to start over with a fresh project.

I thought since I would be building it up again in the same direction that there might be a bug that has since been resolved so I decided to get the latest build.

I was using 15.5 from last spring or early summer…sometime around there as an upgrade from apprentice.

When I downloaded the 15.5.607 production build and installed it ( after uninstalling 15.5.x ) I made sure the selections were such that it would be fetching the indie license ( there is one dialogue where you make your selections ) and not choose apprentice.

But I opened an .hiplc file and made some changes and when I save its doing it as .hipnc files.

So obviously it has ‘reverted’ to apprentice and didn't fetch the license when I installed it as expected.

Do I have to go through the license server like I did when I initially went from apprentice to indie?

I think I have those directions in an Email from support, but I also thought there is a limit of applying license with Indie of 2 per year.

So am I right to understand that upgrading production builds in Indie uses up my alloted Licenses?

Thanks.
2042 posts
My Bad…

I was in Sidefx bin folder and I dragged and dropped ‘houdini.exe’ to my taskbar.

Should have just gone to start up menu and done it from there (especially because ‘start-up menu’ was the choice I made during installation).

In startup menu, I see it has 4 choices:

houdini 15.5.607
houdini 15.5.607 Aprrentice
houdini 15.5.607 FX
houdini 15.5.607 Indie
Edited by BabaJ - Sept. 26, 2016 14:00:47
Staff
3455 posts
and the desktop Icon will point (I think) to houdini 15.5.607 FX - so you might want to change that also.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2042 posts
Thanks for info arctor
  • Quick Links