VEX shaders doesn't work with 64bit processor?

4296   3   1
6 posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have problems with the AMD 64bit processor while using Houdini in Windows XP? Houdini works fine with the 64bit processor in Linux but not Windows XP. A school mate of mine was having problems with Houdini after the processor upgrade. Right now he can't copy, render or create any new VEX shaders in VOP. Hope someone can shed some light on this one. Thanks.

D'Lun
Staff
2593 posts
delun
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have problems with the AMD 64bit processor while using Houdini in Windows XP? Houdini works fine with the 64bit processor in Linux but not Windows XP. A school mate of mine was having problems with Houdini after the processor upgrade. Right now he can't copy, render or create any new VEX shaders in VOP. Hope someone can shed some light on this one. Thanks.

D'Lun

I'm running on an AMD64 Opteron with no problems – under Linux though.

Try setting the environment variable HOUDINI_DISABLE_MMX and see if this fixes the problem.
436 posts
Where is that variable found?
4140 posts
It's an environment variable. Type those words into the search in the Houdini help. Describes it all there and how to set them. I'll admit I'm running 8, tho - not sure on the state of v7s help on that topic.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
  • Quick Links